Ten Tips on Prayer
Here are ten simple tips on prayer I have found useful in teaching others how to pray.
1. Pray Regularly
Prayer is like eating, it is nourishment for the soul. Everyday is a good rule of thumb. Luke 9:28-29.
2. Pick a Time and Place to pray.
This develops the habit of prayer in the Christian life, Mark 1:35.
3. The Christian needs a secret or private place to pray.
Matthew 6:5-6. This cultivates a close and humble relationship with God.
4. Be Honest with God in prayer.
He knows everything anyway! Matthew 6:7-8.
5. Preperation of the heart is important for prayer.
Our attitude, motives, and intentions need to be examined, James 4:1-3.
6. Thanksgiving is a necessary ingredient to the prayer life.
I Thessalonians 5:18; Matthew 6:9. We easily forget to praise God.
7. Praying for God’s will to be done is absolutely essential.
Matthew 6:10; Romans 8:26-27.
8. One of Jesus’ greatest tips for prayer is the practice of Forgiveness of others.
9. Simple child-like Faith in an Almighty God is one of the most needed elements that the believer has for prayer.
10. Persistence in prayer is the Believer’s spiritual heartbeat.
Don’t give up on God or in our hopes and prayers, Luke 11:5-10.